Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Project: Seed Organization


Here is the photo of the way that I stored my extra seeds from last year.
I had some empty packets, so I could remember what varieties I grew last year.  I had full packets.  I had ripped open packets.  I had flowers and veggies and herbs.
It was a mess.

Here is my new organizer, from seedkeepercompany.com.  I tried to make my own.  I bought a plastic container and some alphabet tabs.  Fail.  They weren't the right size or shape.  After I decided that trial and error was NOT going to be cheaper than just buying it, I ordered the seed keeper.
It's awesome!  I have the seeds organized alphabetically.  Now that I see what they use for the divider, I can make another one for my flower seeds and bulbs.  When I start using up the seeds, I can use the extra space to keep receipts and tags from my fruit trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment