Friday, March 29, 2013

More seeds!

I have some great things going on in my dining room!
Seed starting things, of course.... I don't cook.


This week I was able to get my tomatoes planted.  I started seven different types of tomatoes, six of which were heirloom varieties from Seed Savers Exchange.  I planted all different types of tomatoes; from red to yellow.  All of them are dusted with cinnamon in the above photo, to help ward off disease.



I've just started my seeds, but already I'm thinking about them outgrowing the little cells that they are in.  This weekend, I went to Farm and Fleet and bought pots to replant my seedlings into.  I'm trying to water all my plants from the bottom.  These pots are going to be perfect for that... and I've finally found a use for the aluminum trays that were salvaged from a Christmas party two years ago.  I just need to buy some medium to put in them and they'll be ready for my transplants.


I also planted Genovese Basil, cabbage, Romanesco Broccoli, and coriander.  Since everything was just planted this week, I need to be patient and wait for it to germinate.  I'm not very good at being patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment