Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Growing Big and Strong!

The grow stands are looking great, and everything is starting to outgrow the space I have it in.  Especially my cucumbers!  They are outside because they are so out of control!!!
These cucumbers are outgrowing my big grow stands!
All of the plants are starting to take off.  But, I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in my heirloom tomatoes.  I'm not really sure if it's the seed, the coconut coir, or just how they are designed to grow.  The cheap red cherry tomatoes that I planted took off like crazy!

My heirloom tomatoes were a little less enthusiastic about growing.  They are all a little scrawny looking.  I tried two different types of growing medium with them, and both sets of plants look about the same.  I'm not sure if there is that much difference in seeds.... Once I changed them to big pots and gave them more attention, they took off a little more.  Or, maybe it's because it got warmer?  I'm not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment