Thursday, June 16, 2011

I can't believe it's been a little over a week!

I haven't blogged in about a week, so I thought I'd better take some pictures and document what I've been up to.  The huge project that we NEEDED to accomplish was "Project Turkey Pen."  Those things were smelling up my bathroom, and they needed to get outside.  They have now been out for two nights, and they seem pretty content so far.

This is my first attempt at uploading a video to my blog.  I thought that video of my turkeys happily roaming around in their house would be better than a picture.  We have two turkeys.  Peepers (formally known as Dot) and Fluff.  Fluff is really small.  I think that it might be a female.  Peepers is getting huge.  I'm pretty sure that Peepers is male.  He was doing some strutting this morning, and using his wings to herd Fluff around their "house."  I'm not sure if you call it a turkey coop, or what.  I think that after the amount of work that Tim has done making this little turkey house (which would convert nicely to a chicken coop) he might be a little more open to getting chickens in the future.  He keeps calling it a chicken coop, and said that if something happened to the turkeys, he'd let us get a little flock of chickens.


No comments:

Post a Comment