Saturday, June 4, 2011

Here We Grow!

Things are getting bigger here!  The turkeys are getting their adult feathers in and the birds in the houses are getting bigger and stronger.  We had three tiny bluebirds in one of our houses.  Today, we took an updated picture of the babies, but we couldn't tell how many of them there are.  I love the funky feathers above their eyes.  Here are the before and after pictures:



The strawberries have gone wild, and there are little strawberries all over in the garden!  Along with little green mulberries, little green blackcaps, and (most excitedly) little green apples!
Here are my little apples!  I didn't think that I would have any apples at all this year, because only one of my two trees blossomed.  I don't even have any crab apple blossoms.  However, I have these little apples on the only tree that did blossom.  I'm not sure how that happened!
I can't remember when the crab apple normally blossoms, but I kind of thought it was around this time of year.  But, it's doing nothing.  For the first time, I've only had a couple of tents to deal with from the tent worms.  We took care of them naturally this year, so I didn't have to worry about chemicals!


We have little corn sprouts popping up in the garden, though I think they are unhappy that I didn't water them.  It was supposed to rain three different days, and it didn't rain on any of them.... so my plants were waiting for the natural rain.  They would still be waiting!

Friday morning I got my front flower bed planted before school.  I was up at six and had the bed in the ground by seven.  18 wave petunias, 24 impatiens, and 2 gerbera daisies later, and I had a flower bed!  I don't like flowers because you can't eat them and they have no practical use, but I have to admit that it looks nice when people come to my house!  I have to get the pots for my deck planted, still.  But, I think I'll be able to do that tomorrow :)

I'm not able to upload pictures of the corn OR of my kids with a painted turtle.... but I'll try to do that on a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment