Monday, April 25, 2011

A most productive day...

Today, we woke up with a huge list hanging over our heads.  That's not a good feeling to have.  But, we loafed around for about an hour and waited for inspiration.  And, it came.  We got off our butts and the productivity began. 

First was a trip to town.  We went to Tractor Supply (nails and dogfood), Edgewater Greenhouse (a dahlia), Walmart (batteries), Culvers (two free scoops of ice-cream and a basketball), and the Library (too many books and two turkey books).  It only took us an hour!  That's including the time it took the kids to eat their ice-cream.

We got home and got right to work.  Alex read a book when I finished the six birdhouses. Tim already has them hung up!
Tim made me some awesome cold frames which I planted spinach in today.  We have two of them, so I was able to plant two different types of spinach today.

Mackenzie filled up pots and got them ready for my major transplanting project.  I was able to get my cabbage and my tomatillos transplanted tonight.

Though we started out the day feeling like we'd get nothing done today, we ended up being really productive.  Now to tackle those books about raising turkeys! It's one of my next projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment