Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I missed SPRING!

Well, this is terribly embarrassing.  I seem to have missed spring this year.  I can make excuse after excuse about how it happened.  I started a new job this year and I wasn't quite used to my new responsibilities.  No, that's not it.  My kids played spring sports this year (lacrosse, hockey AND soccer).  Well, that's probably a little closer, but still not an excuse.  It also may have been my bathroom remodel project.
Anyway, I started ONLY five trays of seeds this year.  Summer Sun tomatoes, basil, parsley, eggplant, King of the North Heirloom peppers, and some flowers.

Luckily, they were planted in self watering seed starting containers, because they got ignored for most of the spring.  They grew big and strong!  And then, the end of the school year HIT!  So, I'm still putting plants in the ground and it's July.  I haven't gotten my deck planters done yet.  I'm big time BEHIND!
But, luckily we planted a few flowers to give me some hope.
And, I always have my trusty fruit trees.  It's a great year for cherries!  So, enjoy some pictures of what I DO have in my garden, while I lament about all that I don't have in my garden.
Mandevilla- My favorite!
Dahlia
New Guinea Impatiens


Loads of cherries
I just know something amazing is going to happen!



No comments:

Post a Comment